His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in ever increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:3-9).
1. What has God’s divine power given us? How do we attain what God’s divine power has given us?
2. What may we participate in and escape through God’s activation of “great and precious promises”?
3. What keeps up from being ineffective and unproductive in our knowledge of Jesus?
4. Where have you experienced God’s divine power giving you what you need for your life?
5. Have you had the chance to practice your chosen “spiritual discipline” yet today?
2 thoughts on “Self-Control – Day 3”
This is so good!
Thank you! <3